AWS is the largest cloud provider in the world, offering the widest set of products & services.
It's possible to build complete systems on AWS using its compute, databases, storage, organization, monitoring and networking solutions.
A few of the products they offer:
- EC2 - Virtual Machines
- S3 - Object Storage
- EKS - Managed Kubernetes Cluster
- RDS - Managed SQL Database
- ECS - Container Orchestration
- SQS - Managed Message Queues
- ELB - Managed Load Balancing
The cloud is a general term used to describe resources such as computing and storage that are provided as services managed by the cloud provider. Nowadays cloud providers offer a wide variety of services: Databases, Orchestration tools, Messaging queues, etc.
Managing a physical data center and its resources takes time and effort, and its resulting resources fall short of the offerings of the various Cloud providers.
There are cases where managing physical infrastructure is unavoidable, for example, due to security concerns or even budget limitations on infrastructure.
However, the wide variety of high-quality services the cloud providers offer, the integrations between them, and their ease-of-use, all make it a great choice for building software on top of it.
- Consistent UX and APIs allow navigating the platform more easily
- Many integrations between its internal products
- Wide range of integration with external products
- Usage-based pricing model allows for dynamic pricing
- The largest number of products and services out of all of the cloud providers
- Large community and available knowledge for working with AWS
- Largest number of datacenters
Some of the things we did on AWS:
- Provisioned full production-grade environments using Terraform and Pulumi
- Scaled up existing systems to over 20,000 instances
- Saved costs of over 200,000$ monthly
- Improved security by modifying the network topology
- Improved security by utilizing AWS KMS (Encryption Keys), ACM (Certificates), and Secrets Manager
- Built Serverless architectures using Lambda, SQS & SNS
- Provisioned and maintained RDS databases
- Orchestrated workloads using ECS and Elastic Beanstalk
Some of the services we can offer you help with using AWS:
- Automate infrastructure setup for production use
- Increase system capacity
- Decrease operational costs
- Enhance network security
- Implement Serverless technology
- Manage relational databases
- Coordinate workflows